Seamless soft capsules that provide added liberty in product design
Seamless capsules are, as the name suggests, free of seams,
produced by utilizing liquid’s natural property to form a spherical shape due to interfacial tension.
These capsules can be produced in a variety of sizes,
ranging from just 1mm to around 10mm in diameter, with adjustable thickness and hardness for the external shell.
Ingredients can also be mixed and blended together and shaped into tiny granular capsules.
Features and benefits
Flexibility in diameter and film thicknessSeamless capsules can be produced in 1mm – 10mm in diameter and in several 10s of micrometers – several thousands of micrometers in film thickness to suit various ingredients and purposes.
Broad range of dissolving timeSeamless capsules can be designed to dissolve in the body in several seconds to several hours according to ingredients’ characteristics.
Flexibility in product designIt is also possible to develop heat-resistant capsules that can keep external shell intact even at high temperatures to protect contents, or capsules that can hold oil-based ingredients to be mixed into a water-based solution. Areas of application include beverages, skincare lotions and shampoos.
Shape of seamless capsules
A. External shell
- * Edible elastic film that is made of gelatin, starch, agar-agar, carrageenan, etc.
- * Several tens of micrometers to several thousands of micrometers in thickness
- * The shell can be blended with colorings, preservatives, fragrances and flavorings and can also be applied with various types of coating.
- * Oil-based liquid (vegetable oil, animal oil, fragrances, etc. that are in liquid form at room temperature)
- * Solid fat that dissolves with low-level heating (no more than 60 degrees Celsius)
- * Powder (in oil suspension)